Class Action Attorney in Montclair, NJ
A class action is a lawsuit brought by one or more plaintiffs known as “named plaintiffs” on behalf of a larger number of people that have substantially the same claim as the named plaintiffs are known as the “class.” The Law Office of Roosevelt Nesmith has successfully litigated class actions on behalf of consumers and others in a variety of matters involving allegations of misconduct, deception, misrepresentation or fraud, and other illegal business practices by major corporations and financial institutions. Class actions are a wide-ranging field. The focus of the Law Office of Roosevelt Nesmith is on claims involving:
- Banking and Finance
- Products Liability and Mass Torts
- Privacy and Data Security Breaches
If you are interested in discussing your legal matter with an effective class action attorney, contact the Law Office of Roosevelt Nesmith.
The Law Office of Roosevelt Nesmith is currently taking clients for the following lawsuits.
- Uber & Lyft: In November 2019, Attorney Roosevelt Nesmith filed complaints in the U.S. District Court in New Jersey, claiming that ride-share companies, Lyft and Uber, failed to pay minimum wage, did not pay overtime, and did not reimburse business expenses for their drivers. –LEARN MORE BY CLICKING HERE
- Express Scripts: Attorney Roosevelt Nesmith filed a class action lawsuit against Express Scripts, a prescription benefit plan provider. The action, Perez v. Express Scripts, et al, Case No.: 2:19-cv-7752, was brought in the District of New Jersey. Attorney Nesmith filed on behalf of Express Script employees who were misclassified as “managers” and denied pay for overtime. – LEARN MORE BY CLICKING HERE
Our Past Class Action Successes
The Law Office of Roosevelt Nesmith has served and is currently serving as Class Counsel in several nationwide class actions that have led to some of the largest settlements obtained on behalf of borrowers against financial institutions and loan servicers for their force-placed insurance practices. These lawsuits, which have led to regulatory and structural changes in the forced-place insurance industry nationwide, include:
- Almanzar v. Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc., et al., 14 –cv-22586 (FAM) (S.D. Fla.)(final approval)
- Bowles v. Fay Servicing, LLC, et al., 16-cv-2714 (D.N.J.)(final approval)
- Edwards v. Seterus, Inc., et al., 15-cv-23107 (S.D. Fla.)(final approval)
- Gray v. CIT Bank, N.A., et al., 18-cv-1520 (D.N.J.)(putative class pending)
- Lee v. Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC, et al., 14-cv-20726 (S.D. Fla.) (final approval);
- Montoya v. PNC Bank, N.A., et al., 14-cv-20474 (S.D. Fla.)(final approval);
- Santos v. The Carrington Cos., LLC et al., 16-cv-3679 (D.N.J.)(final approval)
- Strickland v. Carrington Mortgage Services, et al., 16-cv-25237 (S.D. Fla.)(final approval)
- Wieck v. CIT Bank, N.A., et al., 16-cv-596 (D. Haw.)( putative class pending)
- Wilson v. Everbank, N.A., et al., 14-cv-22264 (BB)(S.D. Fla.)(final approval)
Among other active class action cases, the Nesmith Firm currently represents a putative class of BMW owners in litigation concerning safety recalls in Vasquez v. BMW of North America, LLC, 19-cv-144 (D.N.J.). Roosevelt Nesmith also defended class actions and other complex litigation early in his career. He represented a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in defending class-wide antitrust claims in In re Brand Name Prescription Drugs Antitrust Litigation, 94-cv-00897 (N.D. Ill. Feb. 4, 1994).
Contact an Essex County Class Action Attorney
If you need strong legal representation for your class action matter, you can rely on the legal team at the Law Office of Roosevelt Nesmith. Our firm has decades of experience guiding clients through each step of the claims process. We believe that power in numbers can hold a company accountable for their wrongdoings. Let us help you find justice. Contact the Law Office of Roosevelt Nesmith today to learn more about our class action experience.